Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunny Jim

Right now I am in love with designing these little elements one at a time. This must be the same jazz that drives the folks who make the journal quilts. I'm just making sure that there is something magical in each one of them before moving on to the next one. Some of the more vivid yellows here came from the old damask I just bought on Ebay and the first summer crop of hand dyes that Jan and I worked on yesterday here at the marvelous Outdoor Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyeworx. I have finally found a way to kill a particularly nasty patch of weeds growing in the back yard - dump the salty water on them. There's a full basket upstairs waiting to be ironed but the pool is blue, it's pushing 90 degrees outside and the Braves are about to take on the Dodgers here at Turner Field after sweeping Chicago. I think the fiber will have to wait a bit.

4 comments:

arlee said...

Oh, i do like the little jewel box effect of each!

curvylou said...

Wow. These really do have magic. I'm enchanted.

Deb Lacativa said...

It took your comment to make me realize that Sunny Jim is ten years old! I really want to get that one up on the wall one of these days. thanks

curvylou said...

That finished Sunny Jim quilt is just bloody stunning. Absolutely deserves a wall. Or a bed.
Still enjoying your archives very much!