Friday, August 18, 2006

Foot Trouble

Thanks to everyone from around the world who responded to my hissy fit - I have a whole slew of fallback options now including a Viking darning foot and the new one from the Janome 6600. In the meantime, I remembered that just before I retired my 30 year old Kenmore, I bought it a gadget. It took a bit of rooting around in the studio but I found it and it turns out that the high shank BigFoot fits the Janome 6500 perfectly. They are even color co-ordinated. Huzzah, the weekend is saved. My Goodman is eternally grateful that I am so easily amused. I miss you darlin'.

5 comments:

Karoda said...

Deb, my friend emailed me back and it is the 7mm low shank fmq foot from Harriet Hargrave...cost around 8.00...but I have this purple thing too...might take it up to the studio tomorrow to compare visibility. glad you found something you had on hand already. hangeth in,

Anne Wigfull said...

Deb, this doesn't solve the broken foot problem, but you might want to try this. My DH cut the two 'arms' on my Janome hopper foot which gives me an excellent view and I much prefer it to the Husqvarna foot which most 6500 people are using. Don't know how to do links here but there is a photo on my blog under July 7th.

Elle said...

Whew! I know you have to be relieved!

vrgnamgnta said...

I use "the purple thing" all the time, and the one time I had one break after a month of use, they replaced it free, since it obviously had to have some sort of problem. The previous one had lasted about 7 years. I like it.

Miriam said...

i bought this for my viking and it never really fit right. yes, i got the right one. there was always a delay and it didn't sound so great so i splurged for the viking version! i was surprised to hear that some actually enjoy this attachment!