Thursday, September 14, 2006

setback

Ugh. Early tuesday morning I decided the trash cans weren't tidy up to the curb as I was leaving for work. I got out of the car, planted my feet and grabbed hold of one can fully intending to have it do my bidding with one pull only to discover that the can weighed more than I did (we missed the trash pickup last week) and I felt my right elbow joint and shoulder momentarily disassemble and then realign (mostly) themselves. Pain bloomed and I realized that I HAD DONE MYSELF AN INJURY! *&$!@&** *#@!* and more along those lines. Pirates woulda blushed. So I got back into the car and limped off to the office with my right fist curled into an involuntary ball. I have new wrinkles between my eyebrows from going "OW" every 30 or 40 seconds. The fingers work okay but the arm just refuses to answer the helm to varying degrees depending on what I ask of it. Brushing my hair is quite an adventure as were other personal care issues. I almost choked myself with the toothbrush. Left handed eating slows things down considerable - not bad to consider. Rest, Ice, Drugs, more ice, more drugs and it gets better each day. Thank goodness I won't have to pitch in the playoffs (sniff sniff). I can't crochet but I can paint. Tomorrow will see what happens at the sewing machine.

3 comments:

Helen said...

oo Deb that sounds awful (though little miss mischief here had to laugh at the toothbrush scenario!) Hope you get it sorted... these things can go on for ages and be a really literal pain in the neck eventually. take care. hugs

Karoda said...

girl, just reading this made me wince in pain. i hope everything aligns itself as it should be very soon.

ACey said...

I hope your recovery is coming quickly and without too many grinding gears...