Wednesday, December 27, 2006

continued WIP (Mopery)

After fooling around with Setacolor for the first time on both wet and dry fabric, I was confident it would do what I wanted here and bring that wretched (sorry Deb) RED under control . This is probably not included in the instructions but I've been painting a section, watching it for "creep" and when I'm satisfied with how it looks, hitting with a hot iron to set the paint. To fend off boredom induced sloppiness, I'll stop painting and switch to machine stitching but twice I've had to stop and pick out a mess of stitching because I wasn't happy with a too-casual color choice. Baby steps with this one - it's still a cliff-hanger. You can go to WIP and scroll down to see the most recent overall shot.

8 comments:

Debra said...

This piece is frakin' fabulous!! And I would not call that wretched color RED. Red is fabulous. The wretched color is either way too tomato-ey or way too pink.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I think this maybe your best piece yet.

Deb Lacativa said...

thanks Chica - it's a middle red that leans to pink too often. The transparent greenish yellow that I am putting over it is doing the job.

Deb R said...

RED does tend to be a bit of a rebel in the ol' spectrum, but this piece looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

Your color choices are fabulous! what a nice mix of complimentaries. This quilt is stunning and heading straight for Awsome!

Lisa Walton said...

Love your work - thanks for sharing - you have given me inspiration for some of those horrible bits

Grangry said...

I went over to your WIP for a look. I love the way you slowly but surely put the LIFE in this piece!

SeamRippstress said...

Gorgeous! I love your resist design. I'm going to order your studio scrap goodie bags and I want 5!

Earthmamagoddess said...

You seem to have a harem of "Deb's"

I am here b/c I commented on one of YOUR comments over at Jen Lemen's blog.

HOly Crap Woman!! YOu are so talented and these pieces are absolutely exquisite and just WOW.

I am going to explore your sight and learn more and sit and soak in the beauty of your creations!!!