Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What Music??

Here's a playlist. Mostly I listen to the streaming archives of Idiot's Delight hosted by someone who has been doing freeform radio since I was in high school. I'm still listening Vin. This was a show from Nov.12, 2005. It's on the air live every Saturday night from 8 to 11 at www.wfuv.org but more often than not I'm nipping away at the archives. Vin plays the old, the new, the mad and the magical. Sweet surprises at every turn and listening to a New York City radio station keeps the occasional homesickness at bay. Artie Shaw - Stardust - Greatest Hits - Fred Astaire - Change Partners - Starring Fred Astaire Mabel Mercer - So In Love Jimmy Scott - I'll Be Around Paul Desmond - Autumn Leaves Strays Don't Sleep - For Blue Skies Winterpills - Laughing - Strays Don't Sleep - Love Don't Owe You Anything Frank Sinatra - More Than You Know Dexter Gordon - Serenade In Blue Dave's True Story - Just Like A Woman Blossom Dearie - I Wish You Love - Kate Bush - How To Be Invisible John Coltrane Quartet - My Favorite Things John Lennon - Gimme Some Truth Neil Diamond - I'm On To You Gary Burton - Cool Nights Doveman - Cities - The Acrobat James Carter - Take The A Train The Fiery Furnaces - The Garfield El Duke Ellington And Johnny Hodges - Weary Blues - Hank Williams - Weary Blues From Waitin' - Paul Kelly & The Stormwater Boys - Ghost Town - Whiskeytown - Dancing With The Women At The Bar - The Mendoza Line - Settle Down, Zelda - Will Kimbrough - I Lie Because I Can - Howard McGhee Sextet - Up In Dodo's Room - Stan Getz - East Of The Sun (and West of The Moon) Ronnie Spector - She Talks To Rainbows - JC Hopkins Biggish Band - Underneath A Brooklyn Moon - Nat King Cole - Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup - 10 CC - Une Nuit A Paris - The Original Soundtrack 10 CC - I'm Not In Love - The Original Soundtrack Ben Folds Five - Fair - Whatever and Ever Amen Bob Dylan - Most Of The Time - Jud Newcomb - Damaged Goods -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy, Vin Scelza. That brings me back.
Remember WNEW-FM on Saturday mornings?
The letters from Me and Razoo Kelly, who spent several years drifting though NJ clubs trying to see Bruce.
Man, I miss 'NEW.

Naomi from upstate NY (now)

Deb Lacativa said...

Vin's current show is pretty much the same way he did things back then; freewheelin'.

I miss New York!

Romeo Morningwood said...

I remember hearing I'm not in Love (10cc) for the very first time and my jaw dropped as I heard the background harmony and wondered how many overdubs that would have taken...it was one of those musical paradigm shifting moments when I realised that songs could be powerful mood altering experiences...
One night in Pareese will wipe the smile off your pretty face!