Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Braves Pound Mets

Braves 7, Mets 3 and it was a beautiful thing to see. Besides a roster full of 300+ bats, I think the Braves were in their element weather wise. It's been Atlanta hot and steamy in the Poached Apple and our boys are used to it. Of course I have a new appreciation for "Buddy ball" too. My team's momentum drove me on at the machine and I got 75% of this piece quilted in nine innings last night. The stitching motifs are more complex than the others in this series although it was my intention to be less restrained but the colors took over and led my hands and eyes. Who am I to be in charge? Somewhere, someone broke some kind of record. I remain oblivious.

2 comments:

SeamRippstress said...

Deb! Congratulations on your boys! And your work is just off-the-hook gorgeous. I love the new blog look too. I'm still running through my Hotcakes and will be needing more soon. Do yah have a juicy set saved up?

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks so much for the good strong words. I'm aching to finish this one but it keep pulling me along.

I've posted all the PCs I think I'm going to make for a long time on the Hotcakes site. Email me for a deal.