Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday Procrastination & Link Love

Instead of wrapping, cleaning or baking, I'm crocheting. I should have dropped a cat or something on this to give this some scale. It's getting big but a long way off from the 8 foot + diameter that I am aiming for. I've been going through my stash and cutting old hand dyes into one inch strips (with scissor, like a jerk!) and working with a plastic crochet hook that's fat like a Sharpie. My whole point in making a rug? I'm "manifesting" new flooring to replace the ancient, hideous Berber wall-2-wall that's in the living room now. I'll keep you posted on that project. Aside from a burgeoning case of self-inflicted carpal tunnel pain, I'm about the abandon the web for a few days. Before I go, a confession: I'm a Stumbled On junkie. Here are a few of the gems uncovered since I recently retooled and expanded my options: This one will make your stomach flutter and/or make you laugh out loud. Dig a little deeper in Jeff's website and be pleasantly surprised at who you are dealing with. Here is a beautiful little flash movie complete with music. photos for all you bird fans out there. ASL for shut ins and finally, Here's looking at you.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Your rug already looks fabulous,I'm sure it will be stunning when you have finished.

mzjohansen said...

Those owl photos made my heart flutter ! You may have prodded me to start the rug I have been thinking of for months - though I was planning to knit rather than crochet - but I may just try it "your" way - now that's a REAL stash buster !

TB said...

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of an owl in flight! Really cool pics you stumbled on there!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Love the rug, my sister makes them with an even bigger crochet hook.
Thanks for the link. We watched Surf's Up yesterday. It's delightful, Penguins AND surf, who could ask for more.