Sunday, March 02, 2008

Caesura

It's time for a little hand music. Something to do while the mind is elsewhere. My mind has been like a rabbit on the lam lately and I won't go on and list all the things I should be doing instead of this but know that I have a list and I'm checking things off one by one. I haven't gotten an email regarding my Visions entry (another person has heard) so I'm assuming that I didn't get in. After reading the fine print on the prospectus which informs that the piece will be gone for a whole year, I'm kind of relieved because the three pieces that I submitted are a set thematically and now I can post them on my website, finish my portfolio and set about the mission of getting into a gallery somewhere. I am gearing up for some real tasty rejection, not the "We don't want you for this exhibit" kind - the "We don't want you HERE" kind. Yummy. addendum - from the Visions website - "March 1, 2008 NOTIFICATION SENT to ARTISTS of preliminary quilt selection or nonselection" so since I have not heard either way, No news is Good news - one of my parents favorite sayings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard anything either and half of me says "good, you won't have to pack that sucker up and pay hefty shipping fees.
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

But now I have heard and no I don't have to pack it up and pay fees!
Mary Ann
Check out my website www.textilearttipple.com

Karoda said...

what you have shown here reminds me of a sail boat...

Deb Lacativa said...

Karen - That's what I had in mind when I was arranging and rearranging the snippets..sail away.