Friday, March 28, 2008

Highs and Lows

On the upside, these two pieces, "Baghdad Bazaar" and "Clubbin' " have been selected to hang at the Peabody Auditorium Rose Room Gallery, Daytona Beach, FL. After running a lot of lists mentally, including the things I can and cannot control, I won't be going to Focus On Fiber '08 down at the ACA in New Smyrna Beach. There are too many cons for travel at the moment but I hope to try for the October edition. I plan on holding my own private FOF08 all next week here at the Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyeworx. There will be pictures and play by play! I plan to try keeping to the same schedule and pace that I set for myself when I was at fiber camp last spring - working "cain't see to cain't see" most days. Both of the pieces above were "born" at FOF07.

4 comments:

arlee said...

Congrats on the gallery hanging! And oh some day i will go to FoF.....but it would be more fun at the Frankenwyrx i'm sure!

jude said...

well.....congrats!

mzjohansen said...

You are, as the younger ones are now saying, "da bomb"! Congrats !

Karoda said...

Deb, I read on the QA list that FoF was having a Fall session...my Fall is already tied up with the Benn/Morgan workshop but because of your experience last year FoF remains on my radar...but I'm not sure what I'll require/need/want once I'm up and running in my own space...but retreats are so worth it for the stretch of uninterrupted time! hangeth in