Saturday, March 15, 2008

hand stitching for stress relief...

[[For family & friends concerned about the tornado damage in Atlanta last night.We're all good, luckier than some with no damage here. We are 29 miles to the northeast of that part of the city and lucky to only have a summer style thunderstorm pass over us. Jim is making the grocery store run right now as we are in for another line of severe storms this afternoon.]] Jude, Lately, the hand-music is all your (inspirational) fault. You and them lions. I wish I could break out and be more free with it though. My stitches just line themselves up like so many little ants. Compulsive hand stitching should be a clear sign by now to myself that I am stressed and should be treated like a minefield until I can broaden my artistic gestures and horizons again. breathe. act. continue. "dervish" (above) and "little sweetie" date back several years.

5 comments:

Nana B said...

Happy to hear you are fine, I love your blog, visit often but this is my first post to you. These 2 little pieces are divine, your hand stitching looks so tiny. I am hand piecing a Mariners Compass and may hand quilt it, even though I am a long arm quilter by trade. I also like your color choices. Isn't blogging a great way to keep in touch both with family and friends? Mary

jeanne, herself said...

i pulled out an old, old book on various embroidery stitches this very morning, just itching to settle into some hand stitching. maybe it's contagious.

glad you're okay. we're just down the road from you in peachtree city. oh, what a storm that was. we're okay, too. lots of downed limbs and small trees but nothing major, thank goodness.

gabrielle said...

Whew! Was wondering about you and relived to know you are fine. Thanks for all the hand stitching. Now I don't feel like the Last Mohician.

Karoda said...

Yeap, another one checking in on you after the hearing of the tornadoes...glad to know you're still rooted.

Leah said...

what beautiful colors! and your hand stitching is impressive and inspiring. i wish i had the motivation and patience for that, hopefully some day. i have abandoned many projects that sit in a heap in a storage box somewhere that could do with some hand stitching. thanks for the inspiration!