Monday, April 14, 2008

Fizzy Fat Quarters

I returned to the studio last night and started rummaging through all the wonderful commercial cottons I was recently gifted with. My intention for these fabrics is to transform them any way I can. These two fat quarters have been discharged and then hand painted with textile paint with some iridescent powder mixed in for sparks. They've been heat set and I don't really want to see if they are wash fast since my intention is to use them only for Art pieces that will never be washed or dried. The base fabrics are all excellent quality cotton that you will probably recognize if you look hard enough. As these accumulate and strike my fancy (or not) I will start moving them over to Like Hotcakes! where they will be for sale.

4 comments:

jude said...

i guess i had better be getting myself over there to take a look!

mzjohansen said...

These pieces are, as they say, "da bomb"!

susan said...

very intersting...i checked out Like Hotcakes...kool site. better get back to my own fabric dyeing project. happy trails......

Joanne S said...

I want both of these. I only use polka dotted fabric and this stuff is crazy good.