Tuesday, August 19, 2008

caesura

Thanks to everyone who has sent prayers and expressed concern for my husband's recovery. Jim is on the mend. He took his first solid food in a week last night and seemed to be tolerating it when I came home from the hospital last evening. My mock nursing was getting on his last nerve. While I was gone this weekend, Raquel cleaned my house and it was such a pleasure to come home to peace and order when I had expected the chaos and clutter that I had left behind. The only room she wisely didn't go into was my studio. I peeked in, looked around cracked the windows and closed the blinds. A storm is coming soon. The mess in there is dispiriting in a small and laughable way at the moment. I had no photos for this post and found this one in a file on the computer. I know the piece is in the studio somewhere, unfinished, but I'll be dipped if I can find it.

5 comments:

Karoda said...

oh deborah, i'm so sorry for all this but am grateful to read that time was on your side and he is recuperating. hangeth in there.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Hi Deb, I had wondered what had happened in your life that took all of your attention. Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to hear your husband is on the mend after a very scary episode. I've been thinking of you, and including you and your family in my prayers and good wishes. Rosemary

Threadspider said...

Sending you and Jim the very best thoughts and wishes. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm home from Florida and happy to hear that Jimmy is recouping well. Give him my best (and don't tell him that his beautiful floor is now gone. I'm still bummed.)

Don't forget to take care of yourself too! Sending healing thoughts your way. Linda

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

glad he's better.. take care of yourself too!