Sunday, November 16, 2008

Computerized Embroidery

This is my first attempt on one of our computerized embroidery machines, the Viking-Husqvarna Topaz 30, to be exact.

Now that I have the process down and know what the machines require of me (change the thread color and push the start button) I plan on investigating the limits of the software package that comes free with this model.

The software is supposed to be able import almost any digital image and convert it to a design that the machine can then stitch out...now, that intrigues me as much as duplicating the pre-set designs leaves me yawning.

Of course I tinkered with the color scheme offered with this hummingbird and you have the ability to mirror or flip the image but that's it.

When I go back to work on Tuesday I plan on seeing what the Topaz30 will make of my "Waltzing Asses"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the second piece - truly interesting

arlee said...

OMG Deb----talk about a NARF! moment! Can't wait to see what else you come up with for the MAchine. :}

Jackie said...

Wow what a wonderful use of the computerised machine. The possibilities are endless.
Have fun.

Nellie's Needles said...

A whole chorus line?

Nellie's Needles said...

A whole chorus line?

jude said...

geez this machine is scary.

Karin Millson said...

Echo echo echo... love the design, colours and excited by the potential... thanks

Leslie said...

Love the tocks, how fun