Sunday, January 04, 2009

Live Humans!

Hopefully this is the last of my "making frenzy" pieces for a while. Not technically focused at all but I took more time than usual cutting the blocks to size and making some sense of them before nailing them all together. Thinking back (and wondering where the hell it might be) this one is just like Picnic In Hell and the Green Monster, which I know is in the custody of my son Jake. What sort of thing do you do when the muse fails or is on vacation and you just HAVE to make something???

7 comments:

arlee said...

I make diddly little dumb dolls that no one ever sees :}

One of those quilts would be so warm here in Calgary--lookin' good!

Eva said...

I keep to traditional patterns and use unusual colors.

Denise Aumick said...

When inspiration and adrenaline are only a bittersweet memory I try (force myself) to remember that THIS TOO SHALL PASS...as it has many, many times before. Your creative self is resting right now, getting ready for a flurry of activity that is going to make your brain hurt when it wakes up.

jude said...

i just work on one of the millions of things that i have not finished.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

I try to always have something to hand quilt available and in a hoop. BUT, when that isn't available, I do kind of what you do: Grab pre-cut strips of fabric and start sticking them together anyway I can.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

I try to always have something to hand quilt available and in a hoop. BUT, when that isn't available, I do kind of what you do: Grab pre-cut strips of fabric and start sticking them together anyway I can.

Margaret Cooter said...

Making frenzy - good term - but it kinda looks like structured procrastination, too!