Friday, February 13, 2009

brewing

With the clock ticking I was able to cobble together this little flag yesterday. Must be the anticipation of the weekend spurring me on. There were lulls between calls last night and some notions actually made it into the sketchbook. I'll have to force myself to drag them out of it this time. Good ideas have been few and far between for me lately. Winter blahs without any snow or ice are insidious. One thing I'm sure of...I have to bring music back into the studio. TV is beginning to sicken me. In the break room at my job there is a set that seems locked onto CNN with the volume set at impending disaster level. There seems to be no relief from the perfect idiocy of most of the human race. I am absolutely sure that good, purposeful people everywhere who are working to help or make a difference come home from work, kick off their shoes and yell "you STUPID @!*&$!!" at the ceiling. Then, I hope they can have a dish of ice cream, smile and get a good night's rest before starting all over again the next day. ADDENDUM ((beeep)) " Thank you for calling the Common Sense Hotline. I am not a doctor or a lawyer but I wasn't born yesteday and I have been paying attention...what is your issue?"

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Deb, too, too, too funny. The last paragraph of your post was so my daughter's experience yesterday down to the ice cream and she added a good cuddle with the cat. I laughed out loud while reading it and had to share it with Erin. Who face was priceless as she read and the smile spread. Thanks, we needed that!

Leslie said...

Sorry, I should have proof read before posting.

arlee said...

Yes,i did this tonight and i will do this again tomorrow coming home from VD :} at the flower mines.....

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I so relate! I am really sick of the doom and gloom message, and refuse to buy into it. Just another sales pitch...
Meanwhile, I'm glad you are able to work on your important stuff at work! And I agree about winter... we moved to Flag so I could re-experience winter with snow! Living in L.A. for lo those many years, the temps got to me... something about 90 degrees in November just wasn't right!
Hang in there!
Judy

Karoda said...

why after reading this did the image of jack nicholson from the movie "as good as it gets" pop in my head?????

happy hearts to you!

Heather said...

We were "gifted" with cable by my well-meaning MIL this month. After living without TV for many years I have been shocked by the banality and blatant manipulation that seems to be present even on stations like the Knowledge Network. I sometimes have the feeling if TV signals suddenly ceased to work people would emerge from their homes blinking and smiling and the world would miraculously be a better place. And there would be ice cream for everyone!

jude said...

really. no tv for me. bullshit. it is really insulting.