Thursday, June 04, 2009

all these days

Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary..here I am showing off my engagement ring to my family. They are no longer skeptical about the match. Jimmy told me he bought the ring earlier in the fall and kept unwrapping it to show his sisters. I found it tied with a ribbon around the neck of a little plastic turtle in the bottom of my Christmas stocking. I have been bending his ear for all these years and he remembers every thing I say. And he makes me laugh every day. With apologies to the unknown author, this, from the card he gave me this morning. "The man who is deeply in love with his wife is a man who has all he could want in this life"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

To the two of you both. Many more years of wedded bliss.

Doreen

jude said...

terrific.

susan said...

congadulations! it takes work to keep a marriage going steady and strong. a constant give and take, ying and yang...i was married for 35 years before he passed. even thou i am happy with mark now, i miss the unspoken closeness that 35 years brings. may you have many many more years together.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Awesome! The best is yet to come...

a.n.t. said...

MAZEL TOV! the photos say it all - you two were meant to be; so I raise my glass of acai juice and toast you both - L'CHAIM!
A.N.T.

Nellie's Needles said...

Happy anniversary! It's great the two of you are still having as much fun as it looks like you were having "way back when".

Phyllis said...

Happy anniversary a day late! That is a thing to be proud of...32 years and what a lovely quote. Obviously, it was a good match!

Karoda said...

yall look so totally groovy in the pics...happy anniversary!

Jeri said...

Happy Anniversary! You both looked so gorgeous and in love! i can see it is a match made in heaven! Congratulations...here's to many many more happy years.

Jackie said...

Just catching up.
Congratulations. Its 32 for us this year and my youngest is 24.
I also have small obsessions. Bring em on!