Saturday, June 13, 2009

more gridwork

I working the grid again for the moment only I'm more interested in what is not there in the spaces between. It's very satisfying taking to take a murky, unsuccessful piece of hand dyed cloth and bring it back to something with potential. I stuck these scaps down to the work table with grids of painter's tape and then paint the openings with Softscrub. And then, you wait and see what happens. Now to dig into a comfy chair and see how to organize some of these with needle and thread. This one was started with Elmer's glue as a resist, dyed and now discharged. The cotton seems to be getting stronger the more things I do to it.

4 comments:

Dale Anne said...

Look forward to seeing how you use these pieces!

Lynn said...

Wow, I find this fascinating. And kudos to you for 'letting it happen'. Love the last pic esp with the balcony above for some reason.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Jamie Fingal said...

very terrific designs. you make it look so easy. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

jude said...

everything going on here is perfect