Saturday, June 06, 2009

Time management

Lately I've noticed a lot of people posting about time management. The fact that I was reading these posts tells me that I have to reconsider what I do with what little free time I have. Sometimes things just get in the way. You've probably noticed that my work swings wildly between large, machine stitched pieces and tiny little hand held meditations that are 100% done by hand. Those are the things that I can work on while I am at my job. I find myself focusing closer and closer on these little things - I tried separating the ply at the end of the tail here with the intent of braiding it but the cotton just fell apart in my fingers. This morning I'm devoting to stitching on this big piece and later, if the sun comes out, taking outside for painting. I need to move this one along. Other things are waiting.

4 comments:

FunkyC said...

Time management is a constant struggle for me. Probably my biggest issue is not keeping my space clear. If it's clean, I can pop in for a few minutes of sewing, painting, whatever.

Lovely quilt colors....and I see how helpful kitty is being, holding that corner down.

jude said...

other things are waiting. right.

Penny said...

Oh Deb! And some of us get paid to play at work. The taxpayers dollars? I am green, purple and orange with envy.

Phyllis said...

Lovely quilt and colors, and of course I love your black kitty too!