Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Solstice almost finished


I may have to retitle this "Under the Influence". The doctor gave me several prescriptions with warnings about what you should NOT do while taking them. Stitching was not on the label but I spent an hour last night picking out a whole series of black borders that I put in around the red rectangles which completely obscured the pink glows around each one. Wretched. You think I would have seen how wrong it was as I did all the initial sewing. This one is closing in on done and will be mounted on canvas.

5 comments:

arlee said...

that pink glow is a wondrous effect---perhaps what you're feeling on the meds?:}

Deb Lacativa said...

I wish..nothing that great comes over the counter. The pink is actually discharged places from this piece of cloth:

http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-birthday-jimmy.html

jude said...

you move fast fro a slow stitcher....i thought maybe it was the meds....

Anonymous said...

It takes so much longer to unpick than it does to sew... I love the blue coldness of the winter fleeing from the glowing suns. (Brings to mind Shelley: 'can Spring be far behind?')

claire waguespack fenton said...

great piece deb!!