Saturday, June 05, 2010

Anniversary Day 2 - Dyefest

All things pale and lifeless prepare to be reborn in a blaze of glory!
Hot & humid makes for a great, if short, day at the Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyeworx.  I got a late jump on the day so spent the morning prepping the cloth and the work area. Then a long time spent mixing a new set of colors with almost too much to work with. New standards from A. and a flock of "old" bizarre colors from Linda like propeach and Chino that turned purple.
None of these went into the shake bottle by themselves so strange and new colors are batching. This is a swatch of monk's cloth. I'm too hot and tired to sneak a peek rinse so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your wedding days story!

I am just recently wanting to learn to dye fabrics. Mainly so I can change some bright or ugly fabrics into something more muted.