Thursday, June 03, 2010

fresh starts and limitations

Without room or time for much else, the sketchbook has  been put to use. The basic notion is all I will hope to retain - my ideas on paper almost never make it to cloth but this one's soul has legs.

Anyone who buys my fabrics has to know that I keep the juiciest pieces for myself.  Rooting through the "mine" pile has me itching to get this one underway.



Since my adventure in day surgery my left shoulder has been grieving me in ways that make me think about just how in the hell they transferred my comatose self from the operating table to the the recovery area. It feels as if they just dragged me by my left arm which most probably just dislocated. Could I prove it? Hardly. Do I feel it constantly? Yes but it's getting better very slowly. Right now, it' s hard to do al the mundane things right handers leave to the left..the holding, the reaching. Every previously taken for granted movement has to be considered first for the "DONT DO THAT" quotient. This too shall pass.

4 comments:

jude said...

i love that sketch....

arlee said...

oh what a revelation to see *your* sketchbook!!!! i thought they flew fullblown from your sweated talented brow!

Deb Lacativa said...

Only because I am trapped at my desk with ideas and no time to spend in the studio. These notions are invariably derailed. That poor book is going on three years old and less than half full. It seems to be the rule that if I go this far...color even, the piece will never be made. I can page back through the book and wonder if this
artist died in a wreck and never got to create beyond the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I hope the shoulder is feeling better. I have been suffering for a couple of weeks with gout in my feet. OUCH! It truly is painful!