Tuesday, September 21, 2010

percolating

This is the first thing I see when I come in the front door and last night it got me thinking about the Next Big Thing. The long, white lines are a sheer cotton lawn that was spattered with gold metallic fabric paint. The edges and ends were turned under and the doubling of the cloth created a kind of bright glow along all the edges. During the studio dig, I came across some silk sheers and plan to experiment with it on the "devilment" fabrics. 
I also found a perfectly good Rapidograph pen and was scribbling in the dark while watching the game last night.

3 comments:

Quilt or Dye said...

OOOOO...I like it!

Laura said...

I found your blog today and wanted to tell you that I love your work, both finished pieces and unfinished things. The oatmeal hydrangea piece you dyed earlier this month is stunning, and I also love the finished piece Kodamas1. The piece you have "percolating" is beautiful (love the colors) and so are the "devilment" fabrics.

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

Hi Deb,

This is very nice... makes me think of coffee beans and Gustav Klimt paintings... a pretty neat combination if you ask me!
Hugs
Catherine