Friday, September 09, 2011

aggravation


The girls get together and discuss whether Mother needs to be committed. 



I have just returned from the local tire joint where it took them THREE EFFING HOURS to mount and balance two tires on the car. The middle hour was taken up by the hunt for the key to the car which they lost after I handed it over.

I brought this along to work on but thinking, like a fool, that an hour would be most time it could take, I only brought along two little patches to add on and no extra thread at all. Grrrrr... I was supposed to brave the pool today once more but the warm time has passed. Grrrrr...can you hear me grinding my teeth?  A woman in the waiting room politely asked what I was working on and I listened to myself spin the most extraordinary tale of bullshit about a commissioned funerary piece for the president of the International Clown College who had been recently kidnapped and was not expected to be returned because of budget cuts. Was that mean?

13 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

Oh my God! I think I'm gonna pee my pants! You really shouldn't do that to your blog readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-) Debi

Els said...

Well great story ! (you told her)

Cat said...

OMG! I love it! Funerary piece! the best laugh I had today!

Nancy said...

Hysterical!!!

Deb Lacativa said...

yeah...I was being mean. She had on too much perfume, was DYING for a cigarette (did I have any) and talked on her cell phone in the small waiting room like she was the only one there. drivel.

jude said...

perfect

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG!! You have my sympathy! Brought me right back to when I used to have my tires done at Sears... no more! And the story is a gas! Serves her right!!

Anonymous said...

well we now know this pieces subtitle....

bj said...

And think about this...she'll most likely tell her friends about the lady she met in the waiting room who was (get this) working on a funerary piece for a clown. And the tale goes on. Priceless...

Nancy Krampf said...

u r my kinda steel magnolia. :) this really made us laugh and we really needed that laugh. thanks.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Perfect response!

Anonymous said...

So my question is, what did the girls decide? ( just wondering as I've had to make this decision before myself and it's a darn fine line sometimes...thought they might have a tip in case I have to do it again)

Deb Lacativa said...

Oh, I'm still here. They know who's in charge come feeding time.