Friday, September 02, 2011

today the Giftie gie us...


Thanks for the share Diane!
the creeping mailman left me another package late yesterday. in it, two wonderful, ancient damask tablecloths all fat and fluffy from a good hard wash and dry. I'm going to heat the soy wax good and hot for these pieces..the openess of the fibers makes for some striking, clear marking come dye time. 

The blue piece is a fine light-weight linen that has been dyed with indigo. It's already been hacked into!


If any of you out there are simply plagued with drifts of old, humble tablecloths made of any natural fiber, etc., before you toss them out or leave them on a church doorstep please email me. Stains? Pshaw..Holes? Who cares! I'll not only give them a good home but I return some of them back to you in glorious color!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indigo piece is gorgeous.

jude said...

are you dyeing with indigo now?

Deb Lacativa said...

Jude- not me, it was a present from afar. I did by a new MX dye called "indigo" but I used too much and got a very rich navy which is nice too.

Cat said...

A friend who is moving just bequeathed me some white cotton tablecloths and napkins. They have your name of them.
Cat