Monday, October 10, 2011

the chase is on





Sometimes the horse bolts and you have to chase it down with saddle and bridle.


It's raining and cool here for the first time in ages. Contemplation time. No more false moves..the stage is set.



the following studies were done with an ancient paint program, PSP5 if you can believe it. I will be sad when it stops working.

I could do this all day but a handful gives me an idea of how I want to go with the stitching. As much as I may like or dislike any one of these, the finished piece will only refer to the digital image, not copy any one entirely.
1
2
3
4
5

5 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Magnificent color and movement! Tell us more.

Diana Angus said...

This is fantastic and beautiful on many levels.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Awesome! Hmmmm.... is it my imagination, or do I see a cat trapped in this piece? Paws, tail, whiskers... is Sweetie trapped inside? ;->

Els said...

Aha, digital ! That figures ... already thought it was ALIVE >>>>!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

do you see the eye in there? the green arms are embracing it in #5....

also, the giant burrito arrived safely! and might i add that the tie you used on it is perfect for my magic pathway...kinda wonder if you did that on purpose??? thank you!!!!