Monday, October 03, 2011

a step or two further


Add caption
I picked out about a dozen pieces that were pretty flat an uninteresting and put them into treatment. They spent the night bundled up with rice, oatmeal, grits, orzo and dye powder.


Something came to investigate a possible food source and knocked over one of the containers.

They pulled a log of cloth across the deck rail but were interested in it enough  to find out what was inside.

The fabric got the next step this morning and I'm pretty excited about the results.





I've been asked about techniques...nothing new or extraordinary here that I haven't used or written about in the past.

Natural fibers that have been dyed with Procion MX dyes, colors of my own mixing.

Over dyeing using a mechanical means of carrying the dyepowder; old dry cereals that are usually infested with bugs.

Discharging too much color using bleach, a stop watch and a practiced eye.

None of my techniques would meet the approval of the manufacturers of the ingredients. Kinda like taking a Honda Civic with grain alcohol in the gas tank and running it at Daytona...and winning.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

What creative ideas you have! Way cool results :)

Jeannie said...

Oh, the cloths had wonderful results from their beauty sleep!

Quilt or Dye said...

More information about the technique please, please, please!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Gorgeous! But how ya gonna get the critter to come back and do his part for your next batch? Too funny!!!

arlee said...

Oh DEB! that bottom one is ON FIRE with Debness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha

these are awesome!

Deb Lacativa said...

Judy...I'll just put out some more tasty treats. I think the racoons in my neighborhood have blue tongues!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i HAVE a honda civic. his name
is Minnow. he walks on water
when necessary.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i look, and know that the word
technique
is really nothing
but to say love of
COLOUR
love of the cloth
love, i guess
Technique/Love

Deb Lacativa said...

Ive had two...my unwashed Frog will probably be my chariot to Valhalla.