Saturday, October 20, 2012

tight focus

I got an early start again today and was alone in the house for most of the morning. Anyone who does free-motion quilting will know that you can become quite oblivious to anything other than sewing your fingers to the piece. (If I do not find a proper FMQ foot for this Janome I'm going to freak). Stitching loosely woven cloth like damask is pesky as hell. The cloth will do every thing in it's power to avoid the needle.

I had stopped sewing to replace an empty bobbin when a hairy paw reached through the harp followed by it's body (who barely made the squeeze) .

Sweetie insisted it was time to stop that noise and do something else with my day. A split second after this shot, I got the gentle face-bite.

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, my... I had a cat who would bite my nose playfully, and you just reminded me of that! They do have their ways...

Vicky aka Stichr said...

ah but the pesky damask is amazing to stitch by hand...and it bends and curves itself into an ideal river when one is needed, so thank you for that bit of blue@#@!

{not swearing, just trying to find the correct key hidden by the Cat On My Shoulder}