Sunday, May 05, 2013

Looking for Sheep

There is nothing like a few hours of sun (we got about three)  and a win for the home team to improve my mood. A herd of sheep is in order for the front yard.

I spent the better part of the morning picking space herpes out of my son's laptop. It remains to be seen if the surgery was successful.

Finally,  to the task of the day, finding out just what I had by way of white goods in ever hopeful preparation for a few consecutive, warm sunny days so I can officially open the Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyeworx. It's been propagating in the closet like bunnies or wire hangers.

There is such an amazing array of cloth, most things I don't even have a name for. A little cloth bag made of cotton so fine and delicate, I think it was a five pound flour or meal sack. Huck tea towels, thick damask dinner napkins, a 14 foot wide round tablecloth that is a blinding white with lilies all woven  through it. My arms got tired of folding.


So I put a few pieces of color up on the wall just to see what was making all that noise in the baskets.

After a little bit of rooting around I felt the need for some warmth so I took sample chunks from  many of the larger pieces and set them out in some home brewed butternut special.

I can wait.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

EEEE...the butternut oh, and E
just seeing it here totally
FIXED
my ify little morning mood