Saturday, January 02, 2016

the blur

I'm sure someone has coined a name for it somewhere - the span of days between Christmas Day and New Year's Day. One day does tend to blur into the next.

I spent a chunk of it coddling Charlie who needed a little extra attention. My cell phone camera is on its way out, but I love this shot with nothing but the swirling exuberance of color and those grays!

Judy Martin knows about grays. For all the magically tender color of this piece, I've figured out that it's the grays that give it bones. At least to my eye.

I've not  made any resolutions but cleared two goals. The completion of my first short story in time for a 1/2/16 deadline (which was extended to 1/9 when I wasn't looking) and a true resolution to get back outside and resume the walking cure.

Today it was a mere quarter mile around the dirty duck pond at  Bethesda Park. I'd like to put that little tracker app back on my phone but it will probably burst into flames and I'm not quite ready for a new one yet. Sometimes, the camera works.


5 comments:

Liz A said...

A blur ... yes.

And note to self: figure out how to dye gray. Yaupon holly perhaps.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Congrats on reaching your 2 goals, both noteworthy! Love the pix... filled with color and great subject matter. Happy New Year to you all!

Anonymous said...

being outdoors more and moving and meeting writing goals -- I'm right there with you!!!

Margaret Cooter said...

That span of days has been called "the dark pivot of the year" - can't remember who called it that, though...

Deb Lacativa said...

I thought "Dickens" right away and googled it. Sure enough the articles talked about "A Christmas Carol" but didn't attribute the phrase to him. Fitting.