Saturday, June 04, 2016

40 years

Despite what I said here, I doubt that we would have done anything different on our fortieth anniversary that we did on the vast majority of all the others. Stay at home, make a meal together, trade cards, flowers and perhaps small gifts.



Jimmy might have played DJ while I worked in the kitchen unless he made chili, then I would have sat and stitched.

 We might have taken a dip in the pool, weather permitting. Then a shared movie and reminiscing over a meal. All of life's simple pleasures in one day, special only because of the date on the calendar. They were all special. I did my best alone today.



I got a great deal on some just marked down sunflowers and roses. And I couldn't resist a little Charlie chair to match mine.
and the mail man brought treats too.



4 comments:

handstories said...

Love to you, for the two of you & all that you shared, & for how you continue. ox

Ms. said...

Just love endures.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

you and Jimmy...Love to Your Love

the two blue chairs......

Liz A said...

To love, honor, and cherish forever ...