Sunday, July 24, 2016

It's a Wrap.

That dye session was quite impulsive yesterday. I haven't reflected on what possessed me given the general lack of planning and state of unpreparedness. Still, it's done and over.

Everything has been rinsed, rinsed and washed and is tumbling in the dryer right now. That mechanical cat purr makes me want to curl up and go back to sleep.

I don't know what this batch will be like after the machines are done with them.

I cut/ripped this strip of vintage damask from a large table cloth as I was getting things ready yesterday. I tied it around my forehead to keep the sweat from getting into my eyes. In a lifetime of performances, this bit of cloth served well one more time.

 This morning I'm marking it just a bit to commemorate my last dye session.

Although things have been turning out beautifully and have been well received by people wanting the cloth to incorporate into their own art, I finally have to admit to myself that the passion for doing it is gone. We all know that work without passion is just, well, work.

 For a time there were echoes, but no more. So it's time to let it go.

7 comments:

jude said...

that feeling. It has happened many times over the years. Many things let go.

Nancy said...

Both Nooooo and I get it. DO what makes you happy Deb, I'm with you, whatever you do.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

this can't be true.

Ms. said...

Whatever will be will be.
Freedom is freedom.

Liz A said...

Wisdom is deep knowing

Helen Percy Lystra said...

And I just recently found you.... but I understand.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I pray that I still have some time yet before that passion leaves me, but there are always new paths to walk. It's when we lose the passion for living that all is lost...