Saturday, October 01, 2016

coat project #2

 This coat repaving is going to be harder than I thought, not execution-wise. I love free-motion nail-downs. I get on a roll and have to guard against stitching my fingers in.  It's the color/design that is going to be hard to decide on.

I was plucking through my private stash, concentrating, really being critical and found a length of fringed black-fade-to-white linen that stopped me in my tracks.

 Should I go for the B&W graphics to accentuate the elegance of the cut or just go hog-wild with color and admit that I really like the idea of that Holy Elephant only I want to be the artist.

The plan is a great deal of ripping, cutting and pinning and rearranging before I even think of threading the machine.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

I've noticed (over and over again) that the thought of something is so much different than the actual doing of that something, hence many projects are neatly folded in plastic containers. You, however are very likely to finish this one as soon as your basic decisions jell. Meanwhile there's all the ripping out to give you time.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm a little biased, but I vote for the color, since color is where I'm at. Glad you have found a project that has stirred your creative juices up!

Deb Lacativa said...

You are so right. That is the main reason why I stopped using a notebook for my art years ago. I have one or two of the black, bound books that are chock-full of designs that died there on the page. I have to go straight to the cloth when I'm composing, and even that's not a guarantee of success.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

either way, it's EXCITING! and i guess i'd vote for the B/W....
however it goes, am really into seeing what you do....those
once in a lifetime pieces of clothing are so great