Tuesday, September 11, 2018

summer wrap-up

Sunday was still hot enough, so I threw off all other plans and headed for Jan's pool, expecting it to be crowded. Silly me. Even as I drove there, the sky started closing in, but as soon as I got into the water, a window of blue kept the scene idyllic. After an hour or so, a few hardy souls joined us, and the clouds got serious.
Then the skies opened up and it poured. The chilly rain made the pool water feel like a spa, and we were already wet, so no one got out and we lurked around like gators in a swamp, noses, and eyes poking out of the water.




The only drawback was that it was surprisingly noisy. I didn't take this picture but it looked just like this. It was an exhilarating experience.

After a while, thunder let us know it was time to haul ass.

No comments: