Monday, December 05, 2022

The shift is on

 

On Friday, Jake met Charlie at the bus stop after school. They packed for the weekend and drove to their new home. Missy met them there and they spent the whole weekend painting and whatever else a house needs to start looking like home before the stuff arrives. Smart.

The official moving day is still in flux. Fortunately, their furniture is in storage with family only fifteen minutes from the new place. More importantly Granny, Aunt, Uncle, and little cousins are also that close. That is an immense comfort to me.

It was quiet around here. Colin was at work and I was left with four felines who couldn't seem to settle anywhere, hunting from room to room for their housemates. In and out the cat door, fussing over previously shared territories. 

I will learn how to be alone again. It's only an hour and ten minutes' drive to visit and you know how I love to drive.




Cloth & stitch is better than getting a tattoo. 


4 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

So many feelings

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

THANK YOU , georgia

Liz A said...

I cheered every time they mentioned Gwinnett County last night ... such a relief

what a wonderful new home they have found ... hope they have a guest room ;)

Deb Lacativa said...

Watching the returns was nerve-racking.
I will have my own room for whenever I visit!