Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What's hatching

I got this one sandwiched last night during the (yawn) home run derby. Jake helped me square and smooth it at the kitchen table - work that goes so much better with another pair of hands. After pillowcasing this over W&N, I find the edges are crisp and regular - nothing to distract from the front of the piece. He is a patient and thoughtful assistant who will find himself pressed into service regularly in the future. I may wind up painting and/or appliqueing on this one to recover the intensity of the darks as they were when the fabric was wet. Colin suggested that I quilt the white parts and leave the rest in relief. Sounds promising. It's about 42" square. Working title, Kodamas 1.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

It looks incredible. I think the idea of quilting the white parts is a good one.

ACey said...

totally hooked into this process and looking foward to the development.

Debra said...

I'm with Colin!! Wonderful piece.