Saturday, September 23, 2006

Glue as Resist

I finally got out and did some errands today including getting a small tub of soda ash from Leslie's (the winterizing can wait another week) and a replacement darning foot for my Janome. Stitch & Quilt in Lawrenceville had undergone a major transformation since the last time I was there. They've taken over the adjacent storefronts and now carry sewing machines. They not only had the foot I needed, they also had those little round gizmos that go over the spool and keep the thread feeding smoothly. I think my cats have been stealing them from my worktable for cat poker.
A while ago I bought some Elmers because I read someplace that it make a good resist. I've been waiting on the soda ash to dip this piece in blue dye and then see how hard it was to get the glue out. Piece of cake and I like the results.

2 comments:

SeamRippstress said...

I've always wondered if Elmer's would work! The results are beautiful.

Sharon Serrano Ahmed said...

Very cool! I will have to try that. I definitely have some Elmer's glue. Another day, Another layer.