Friday, September 01, 2006

Last minute art

Jimmy will be home tomorrow for the first time since the beginning of July (he's working in NJ) and I made all sorts of wild promises of lasagna and such. I did the shopping for it this morning but I just had to take a break and make use of this gorgeous day - the first we've had in a week of dreary, rainy weather. The alginate had gotten pretty gloppy in the fridge so I loosened it up with urea water per something I read in Ann Johnston's "Color By Design". Now to keep my mitts off of these pieces until they just dry up on their own - then I'll run a wash load of jeans, heh heh heh. Email brought me good news "Passing Through" was juried into Art Quilts XI: Stages, Cycles & Fits. The snail mail produced my slides created from digital images by G. Armour Van Horn - Stellar service!

1 comment:

arlee said...

Congrats DEb! Passing Through is more than "passing beautiful"!
Those cellshapes are resonating with me as well.......