Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fiber Outing

Jan Thompson and I went to an organizational meeting of the Georgia members of the Surface Design Association held by Sharon Ahmed at Fiber On A Whim over in Sandy Springs. It was an interesting gathering with the first admirable goal of finding a venue for a group exhibit. Any local surface designers interested in attending the next meeting should email Sharon Ahmed for details. Then, we all scampered upstairs to SHOP! I snatched up this little chunk of dark print which I promptly attacked with dishwasher gel while I was getting dinner ready. Before it was dry I painted it too. Tasty but now on the back burner. In case any of you are into the End Times you can interpret this anyway you like. It's either about to be Armageddon or Peace on Earth: Voodoo, Karma & Jinx

3 comments:

Karoda said...

I went to Fiber on a Whim back in July when we where in Decatur looking at colleges. I would be in the homeless shelter if we had such a shop here! We have great quilting shops but none that really carry supplies for surface play and design work.

The discharge images on your fabric look like pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

A rare meeting of the minds. How long did they sit still after the photo. The fabric looks wonderful.

Doreen

Deb Lacativa said...

A surprising two or three minutes. Voodoo (alt male) usually instigates trouble with the girls quickly. He was nap ready. Karma usually objects to everyone all the time - she had no comment. Jinx was more interested in what I was preparing for dinner.