Thursday, January 25, 2007

New & Finished

"Cellular Seizure" 43x49 We hung it on the design wall in the bedroom last night and it's been so long since I started it that I couldn't recognize the starting orientation until Colin spun it a few times and Jim stated his opinion. I had spent so much time with my nose six inches from the surface that I forgot where I started and when it was pointed out to me, it was like..."oh yeah, I remember that". Not a good way to work but the results are growing on me even though my feelings of "tightness and overworked" were on this like a bad smell even before it was stitched or painted. I just stayed with a uncomfortable path for some reason. Metallic paint is an absolute bitch to photograph so this shot may be wishful thinking. The sun is shining bright today for the first time in a week and just maybe I'll be able to muster enough energy to drag this outdoors for better pictures. In fact I have four major pieces to shoot and get ready for a show I want to enter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if we can't see well the metallic paint, your Cellular is great! It should be nice in the bedroom!

Anonymous said...

very nice! also enjoyed the photo on the top of your blog - such spirit!