Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Link Love and a new Condition

Thanks to Lines and Colors for reconnecting me with Odilon Redon and leading me to Cure the Blind. These and Lorraine Glessner's (exquisite encaustic) "Oh, What World, What a World" are my solution for I don't get out much anymore.... If my internet behaves I will be using it to distract me from my first adventure in fasting. I'm embarrassed to admit in front of a world that starves on a daily basis that I don't think I've ever gone a day (let alone 24 hours) without eating anything but there you have it. In preparation for my first colonoscopy (why do I think of My First Communion?). Sad to say the gallon of nasty that I'll have to consume later this evening does not come in Merlot or Mimosa. After spending some time looking at a variety of his work I get the feeling that Odie and I would have gotten along quite famously. Can you believe that someone put a poster of this cyclops painting in the children s library where I spent a lot of my childhood? I think the spider print was in the restroom too. Odilon's nearly abstracts are inspirational for this surface designer. A package from Dharma came yesterday bringing colors that I have never worked with so, under the altered state of Hungry, I will be mixing up some new dyestock this morning and working on some new wholecloth notions that have been clamoring for attention.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Amazing art, thanks for sharing it.

Good luck with the fasting, it's so ingrained to eat, I almost did before my first Colonoscopy...

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Deb ... gorgeous photos here.

Re: the colonoscopy ... that gallon drink is really difficult, but my doc stopped using it YEARS ago ... there is now a method that just requires a small (though ghastly) drink ... why isn't your dr. offering you that option??? At any rate, the colonoscopy itself is a piece of cake ... don't worry about it ... Good Luck!

Jackie said...

I had a colonoscopy last autumn and I had to drink something that almost made want to throw up called..and the clue is in the name..'Fleet'.
Hope it goes/went well. Its not as bad as you might think. Just relax!

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Thanks, Jackie, for remembering the name Fleet - that's the new drink I was referring to ... I think they allowed me to mix it with some ginger ale so it wouldn't be so ghastly ... also, if you ever go the Fleet route, don't get regular, get the lemon flavor (I think that's right). As far as relaxing goes ... they'll give you IV sedative and you won't know a thing.