Tuesday, June 09, 2009

restocking

I have a small cloth bag that I take to the office with me each day and when time permits, I can work on small projects. When I went into the studio this morning my intention ( I have jet Runways of intentions paved straight to the gates of hell!) was to start creating some order. Instead I started pulling bits of this and that with the brand new and more reachable intention of restocking my go bag. Back to the grid, I'm feeling, without wondering why about it. Needle and thread. Eyeball the line. Go with the grain and allow for the color this time. I am half way through the complex boogie that ensues when you commit to an overdue, full physical at my age. Happily, I talked the doc out of the MRI=shots=surgery routine she was considering when xrays of my spine recalled certain snake breeds. Instead, I will be having physical therapy lessons in a Pool. How hilarious is that? Instead of an asshat of poison and pain I get splashing around and fun!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I have jet Runways of intentions paved straight to the gates of hell!

That's the best quote I've read in a long time! LOL!

Phyllis said...

Yes, I agree. Great comment. Thank heavens for small projects that you can tote to work. Those are the small things that make life so rich and meaningful.

Penny said...

Always go for the alternative methods like aquafit/physio. This way you aren't knocked out of commission. Goodluck Deb.

jude said...

i miss that high speed last minute gathering of scraps.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm sounds like your spine and my spine are twins seprated at birth. I"ll try the PT in the pool as well. And I *love* the runway of intentions.
So true for many of us!

Lynn said...

Like they said. . .