Friday, June 26, 2009

the trouble in new techniques...

...is not getting carried away with the doing of the thing and not thinking about ways to integrate it into the real work of art, the intent and the design of a piece. There's some debate about whether this stuff is light fast enough to bother with, much less incorporate in any kind of art so I'm going to put some of these pieces out in the sun to bake with tape on them just to see what gets lost over a set period of time. Anyone recognize my failed batik attempt? The fade and glow reminds me a lot of the doodles I used to do in art school using Dr.Ph. Martins superdooper intense watercolor concentrates. The stuff cost like blood but I had a mess of them and used them too excess at every opportunity. Hey, it was the 60's!

1 comment:

arlee said...

Never heard of the doc products, but probably were only in the US then :}
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the sharpies in sunlight---and what happens if they get wet again?
I love the aureole/aura effect of these.