Monday, September 20, 2010

studio upheaval

I'm preparing to give over a portion of my studio to the day job. 40" of wall space for 15 hours per week given back to my life? More than fair trade off.

So tubs of shreds and "somedays" are making room for a small desk and chair where I will work at a computer. A long overdue deep cleaning is underway.

I'm throwing out a lot of crap and uncovering some amazing starting places. These fabrics were bundled together for some distant notion. I have SIX finished tops, all of them bedware waiting to be batted, backed and quilted. There will be a lot of giveaways in the near future.

4 comments:

arlee said...

like an archaeological dig some days, yes? our layers and strata of time and process :)

jude said...

same thoughts here.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! When do you start telecommuting?

PS-Finally saw the culprit who steals Missy's garage food. It was a dang possum! Freaked me out. Gross!
Linda

Judy Warner said...

Hi Deb,
This is my second try for positing - I think Google is having a hard time today. I think I recognize some of that fabric. Looks like some I used in a quilt (http://www.explorationsinquilting.com/2010/08/simple-block.html). It took me about 4 years to decide what to do with it.
Six finished tops is wonderful! Sorry you have to give up part of your studio but hope it leads to more free time for quilting for you.
Judy