Thursday, September 01, 2011

paving


 
I'm working out ways to fill in the spaces around the separately stitched elements on my MCD project shirt.
Raw edged "paving" with tiny scraps seems to be the way to go. You can see  more new elements here.

A few days ago I discovered what's been causing the malaise I've been experiencing. Instead of tripping over the bathroom scale, I actually got on it and recognized that there has been waaay too much carbo-indulgence going on around here. Sleepless nights and logy days, aching feet and general crankiness begone! the cure is at hand and I am determined to buy a new pair of sneakers this weekend.


Someone asked to see these three together. At first I was a little unhappy that the third was not the same size as the first two but they were created on a pair of hemmed armrest covers and the third deliberately cut square from a larger cloth. Going forward in the series I will stay with the square...there's another on the cutting table right now.

2 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

Your MDcloth is going to be gorgeous! I love the way the colors are blending in to one another almost like watercolors! Thanks for showing all three of your others series together. It's so satisfying to see them with one another. I love each one for different reasons, but there is something very satisfying about the third. The only thing i can think of is that it's square. Anyway, now that you blogged them together I can come and sigh and look whenever I want!!!

xx Debi

Anonymous said...

glad to read all your family is safe and sound.

i definitely feel a difference after carb rich meals, but i'm also as close to a diabetic as you can get without being one...

i've really enjoyed spark people, website, and the paleo diet, book, though i'm not super strict with it...i'm trying to stick to their idea of filling up and starting the day on protein....

see if i thought i wanted those three pieces together i'd simply add an uber tiny fourth to fit that space....but i sort of like if you are continuing to make more and more a few being a little "off"