Saturday, September 24, 2011

it's Chili time!

 I was up before dawn getting cornbread into the oven for the Stone Mountain Chili cookoff. Jim camped there last night and is preparing the judges batch of the same recipe as I type this.

All the entries have to be cooked on the spot but I bake a dozen pans to serve little samples to the visitors, along with the chili and, this year for the first time, he's making Brunswick stew...whatever that is.

It's quite the rowdy party, and though I have attended in the past to help serve, it's not my cup of tea and I would only be underfoot so this year Colin will be delivering the cornbread and slinging grub for the masses. Later in the day there will be ear splitting live music, and with the spectacular fake summer weather we've been blessed with after a week of muggy rain, there will be mobs of party animals swarming the area. Me, I'll be at a bead show  waiting on the magic phone call to hear that we WON like we did in '03! Good luck my darling...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck
and Congratulations!

Nancy said...

Mmmmm...cornbread!
Have SO MUCH fun! It sounds like a great time!

Jeannie said...

If his chili and stew taste as good as your cornbread looks, I'd say he is a winner! There is something about cooler weather that makes one want cornbread and hot chili. Crossing my fingers for your Man.

Deb Lacativa said...

The general public declared us the winners but the judges weren't as savvy so, no prizes this year but a good time was had by all.