Friday, June 03, 2016

hydrology


I spend Thursdays and Fridays with Charlie. The best days of my week. There is nothing else to do but watch and participate if I can. It's what I did when Jake and Colin were this age. Be present.

Watching him discover things for the first time is so delightful. The public pool where he lives is big and crowded so we cooled off on the patio this morning.

What gets him laughing? The slapping sounds our feet make in puddles on the concrete. The wet squeaking squirts from the little rubber ducks.  A wren perched on the railing a moment to see what we were up to. Charlie held out a cup of water with a hopeful look on his face. Life is good.




3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Priceless! OMG, I had a vision of Charlie playing in your dyes... watch him! ;-)

Liz A said...

Discovering gravity ... yes, it's magical looking at the world through little eyes

Ms. said...

You fortunate two delighting in each other.
Sweet.