Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Great Saturday

Gifts in the mailbox came first - Nellie Durand's PIF arrived and I am the proud owner of #52.2. in her amazing "Lake Series" series made especially for me. Does this classy packaging tell you what a gem was inside? I'm inspired and reminded that one day last week was the anniversary of my 4th year of blogging. To celebrate I'm finally posting my own PIF declaration: "I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this "Pay It Forward" Art exchange. I don't know what it will be and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week but you will receive it within 365 days. The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your own blog." Later in the day I attended a meeting of the Georgia chapter of the Surface Design Association at the home of artist Leisa Rich (go here for some fabulous eyecandy) where we were hard at work plotting a group showing someplace in Georgia so we can all get a taste of that Whine & Jeez!
Here's the contents...my camera does not do it justice

4 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Sounds like you had a mighty fine day there PIF woman ! Open the da** package and show us what's inside !

Nellie's Needles said...

Golly, I hope you've opened it by now. Just to clarify, it isn't #100 of my lake series. I number small interim pieces made between the larger ones with decimals. Yours is #52.2. Susan Lenz has #52.1 and Karoda received #52.3.

arlee said...

Happy Anniversary, Blossom---but don't send me anything:] remember i just cleZned out the stooooodio!

Quiltgranny said...

But of course! You can send ME something! LOL! And I am lucky too, to have a personal lake series postcard from Nellie!

Happy Blogthday!