Saturday, February 09, 2008

Green Light

Well, that was gratifying! Sharon of Granny's Hands & Quiltgranny's Shoe has liked Golden Spirals so much she's already got it into a piece in her head. I can't wait to see what she makes of it given what I've come to find out about her and her art through her two blogs. Thank you Sharon. It's enough to make one want to get out of bed in the morning provided she wasn't up coughing all night long, again. I have to keep reminding myself that I only cough when I'm lying down. I had to fold this one up quickly when it was sold because I kept finding little interesting things in it. The good part is that I know it's just the first of a series. This type of gesture is one of my natural moves - something I can do with my eyes closed I've done it on paper so many times. I used to draw spirals with my fingertip on the babies foreheads to help them go to sleep. Lots and lots of practice. And the Golden Monkey Brown was the only color recipe I ever committed to notebook. If Georgia grants me a warm enough day soon I will have a big dye day before I ever get down to Focus on Fiber 08 and I then will have to come up with a whole new game plan for that week.

No comments: