Sunday, April 27, 2008

warm up continued.

"Frida Brings Home the Bacon" Any of you who are addicted to watching the barn owl cams will appreciate this one. After the mayhem and cannibalism of last season I only peek in from time to time. Still, nature's ongoing drama is compelling. I've jumped up to a 12"x12" format playing with shapes and space. Still very aware that the details and patterns of the much of the fabric that I have just made will not translate or work for much larger pieces. I might have to (gasp) make some more fabric with just big stuff in mind but the trouble is, in the past those pieces have become whole cloth pieces as I am unable to break down the dye painted design elements. Start with smaller pieces of fabric?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbie,
I LOVE your style! Will you give me a "workshop" at your home one day on dyeing and putting your pieces together??
Hellenne Vermillion (SDA)

Denise Aumick said...

I love this piece and need to visit you more often. You are inspirational!

Nellie's Needles said...

Fascinating! As much fun as a kaleidoscope.