Saturday, April 26, 2008

Warm up pitches.

Once again, Jude at Spirit Cloth leads the way with something charming and thoughtful. I sat at the machine for the first time in weeks last night and then spent nine innings hand stitching this tidbit. Through Jude's post I tracked back to the latest at the Ragged Cloth Cafe which has given us much to think about - that which appeals to us visually is an evolutionary response to what's good for us. What I want to know is,what does this say about people like myself who have never had a single qualm about critters of any stripe. Did our ancestors survive because we ate better? Did our ancestors come from another planet?

Wrapping up the dyefest is this little piece that I pleated and machine stitched. Did I not recently swear that I would never do this again? How quickly we forget.

5 comments:

Debra said...

But, but, but, but... that pleated and stitched piece is GORGEOUS! How could you give up doing this?

jude said...

ha!

susan said...

i havent tried the fold, sew, dye thing in awhile. maybe i will try again. it snowed most of the day and am afraid what it will look like tomarrow a.m. we had planned on working in the yard but we might have to put that off. oh well, i guess i can spend the time in my sewing room. loved the piece you did with black border

Anonymous said...

Amazing! You leave me breathless and slightly overwhelmed! On the other hand, you are also a true inspiration, and I hope you just keep on keepin' on!

Judy

Laura said...

This really is beautiful. Is it too hard to do?